Search This Blog

2 May 2022

New Tent

So summers here and I’ve decided to try and open up some options regarding touring on the bike.  Since I passed my test I’ve been doing just daily rides out and whilst you can cover some serious miles on the bike in a day I started to wonder if I was missing out on some of the trip highlights by pushing so much to get the miles in. 

Whilst I might be in my 50’s now I used to enjoy camping when a kid and since the new VFR came with a full set of panniers and currently not having to worry about a pillion, camping seemed to be a sensible way to go.  The money I save on B&B / hotels I can spend on eating in the pub each night if I don't fancy cooking !!!

After doing some research I I narrowed down my choices to a Galaxy Vamgo 300, Coastline Plus 3 or a Lonerider MotoTent.  Being the first year of trying this I knew the investment in gear was going to be be steep ie £300+ but then I saw someone offering a tent on marketplace for just £30 inc p+p that seemed to fit my requirements.  I think its Colemans previous version of the Coastline Plus so decided what the hell and bought it.

Its the Coleman Bi Space 300….

278624424_5000757176686918_5095500210635465605_n

coleman-bispace-300-tent (1)

Yes I know its discontinued but for the first year I think it will do fine.  Now its time to research and source a chair, travel cot and jet stove.  I cant be without my coffee in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment