Search This Blog

18 March 2022

VFR Hazard Lights Series - Part 1

So  after an incident with a flat tyre last week that left me with a long wait for a recovery truck in the middle of a nasty set of twisties it became apparent thata set of hazard lights on the bike would be a good idea.  Its something I toyed with doing on my CB500 but never got around to doing before the bike was involved in an accident.

 

From my previous investigations I knew there were 3 options available…

  1. Aftermarket switch and mess around with the wiring.
  2. Buy an upgraded right handed switch gear from a later Honda bike that has the hazard functionality and see if the wiring in it can be adapted to the existing wiring on the bike.  Advantage is it would look factory fitted.
  3. Modify the existing switch gear on my bike to add the functionality to it as it has a blanking plate where the headlights switch is normally.

 

Time for some investigation…


My Biking Life: VFR Hazard Lights Series - Part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment